Taste the Liberation, How to Make a Cuba Libre
The history of the Cuba Libre, also known as "Rum & Coke" to philistines, is pretty interesting. The only thing everyone agrees on is that the cocktail originated in Cuba. Different liquor houses have their own take on its origins and in all that marketing propaganda, the truth is to be found.
As far as ingredients go, the Cuba Libre is as basic as it gets. In fact, it is one of the simplest cocktails to make.
HOW TO MIX
- Fill a glass with lots of ice.
- Squeeze 2 lime wedges into the glass, to release the juice.
- Drop the lime wedges into the glass. The lime zest gives it more flavour. (NB It is important that the lime juice coats the ice).
- Pour in the Bacardi, top up with chilled cola and stir gently.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.